|
Mates, Dates and Fantastic Moments
| Thursday, December 26 | 0 comments
Have you guys read the novel series by Cathy Hopkins? The ones that start with "Mates, Dates and"?
Yeap that one. I find that title pretty apt for today's post. It has been a while since this avenue had any cheery moments. With all that pent up emotions being sprawled all over my recent posts, a cheery upbeat post will do some good. Think of it as a way to spruce out those weeds hanging out at my backyard. Well, it IS still the school holidays for me till January 12th. Results were released and I must say I fully deserved what I got. Ahh, but issokayyy , I have like 7 semesters more to pull that GPA up. Say, what is up with us and our overly hyped out excitement or rather obsession with grades and what have you? It's like we will forever be in the education rat race. You lose, you snooze. Gotta keep up with the high achievers lest you'll end up sweeping the corridors. But we'll leave that to another time ya. Moving on. The weeks were spent quite well I must say ; with different groups of people. Let's kick this off with the recent meetup. With my "S" ladies. Ignore the weird connotation it leaves. We decided to explore Jalan Kayu. Yeap, of all places right? Our adventurous selves were just too insatiable; we had to try out a new halal eatery. So off we went to LE STEAK BY CHEF AMRI (Yes, that's the same chef you saw contending in the reality competition Chef Selebriti on Suria a few years ago). As much as the location really needs some reconsideration by the management, the food was pretty good. I could have given them a full 5 stars but the dish I had was similar to my mum's kicap ayam. Uhuh, the dish I had was Teriyaki Chicken Chop with Mashed Potato and Grilled Veges. To compare it with kicap ayam may not seem plausible,but trust me,it tasted just like that. BUT, the rest were pretty good. The girls had BlackPeppper Chicken and Spaghetti. We had waffles too! And these mixed mocktails of sorts. The price was really affordable. No hidden charges. No GST Charge no service charge. EVERYTHING IS IN NETT PRICE. That pretty much was the highlight of our outing apart from the window shopping at 313 Somerset. But what's a post without a picture to accompany it? For the record, I love you girls. To the max. You hear me? To the max. *Macam sweet je, macam cute je* Here you go!
Okay, one down, two more to go.
Spending time with my kampung peeps have been nothing but fantastic.
First was with Farah and Que over at Eighteen Chefs followed by another one with Farah and Sadali over at IMM/Westgate/JEM.
There's no denying that we drifted apart. Our daily meetups back in poly are now reduced to monthly affairs.
Even so, we still kept in touch. Cos you see, no matter what, no matter how busy we are, we still gotta find time to meet up those we care.
Getting all sentimental aren't we. Dang it.
What was funny was the fact that it just seemed like before. Even though some are in NS or in the working industry, that light hearted feeling of still being a student still lingers. That familiar hint of gossiping is still there. That all too familiar laughter was still there. It's like it never went away. Good times will always be good times.
Ahh here you go, another one or two pictures for the record.
![]()
So you see, keeping in touch with friends isn't so hard after all.
|
![]() Allah Family, Dearest, Friends What more can I ask for? ♥ Designer/codes: AddictedLove Basecodes: Niszke Uzana |