Yet Another One | Saturday, April 10 | 0 comments

Yet Another One of My Creations.
Enjoy


All this while, he could not figure out the answer to his question.
Why the distance? Why the non-responsiveness?
But now, he finally did.

"She told me to give you this"

As he flipped through the pages of her diary, he was delved into her room of thoughts.

" 10 April 08
  7.39pm

  Dear diary,
  Today, I've made a new friend. Seems to be a nice being.
  Happy(: "


He smiled. He remembered that day.
Who would ever thought bumping into a total stranger to bring such joy?
Sure it was only at first sight.
But what made it well, beautiful, was the fact that every now and then, they would bump into each other.

He smiled again. Getting to know her wasn't that easy.
Getting her contact was much more difficult.
It was only after chasing her down the street did he manage to get her contact.
Crazy? No, he didn't think so. Coz somehow somewhat, he knew there was something special about her.

" 21 April 08
  8.40pm

  Dear diary,
  Today was a lot of fun. He was really being a concerned friend.
  Sometimes, it seems so unbelievable.
  Will this form of happiness be outlived? I really hope not."


He really enjoyed that day. They went to a carnival.
Roller coasters, cotton candy, bumper cars, hot-dog stands, haunted house.
He could still remember her initial reaction.
It was that of pure genuine happiness. With her eyes literally sparkling at the word 'carnival '
If one didn't know her well, one would have seen her persona as that of a small kid.

He snapped out of his thoughts. One question lingered.
If she enjoyed his prescence, why the sudden distaning?






As he flipped through the pages, he caught sight of one that attracted his attention.

" 18 December 08
  3.40pm

  Dear diary,
  It was unexpected. I am sad. I really am. But what to do.
  This is a challenge God has given me.
  Please bestow me with strength."


What was it that was unexpected? He couldn't fathom. Not a single bit.

" 21 December 08
  8.40pm

  Dear diary,
  He asked me. That particular question that should have made me happy.
  It did, momentarily. But somehow, it wouldn't come to any good.
  I tried to tell him. But I couldn't. Now, all I can do, is kindly decline.
  He seems to be angry and pissed. I understand his feeling.
  But really, I'm sorry. One day you will know why."


He knew what she was referring to. On that fateful day, he popped the question.
Filled with immense hope and happiness.
However she declined, not giving any reason.
He was angry, disappointed, all mixed feelings. Why? Was he not good enough?

He closed the diary. Couldn't bear to flip through any more.
He turned back into present. 10 April 2009.
He looked at her picture placed above her coffin.
She was resting in it all peaceful looking.

He  had received a call from her aunt, stating of her demise.
Shocked he was. Why the sudden demise?
He seemed to have finally found the perfect girl of his dreams.
The one who would cook for him, wash his dishes, sleep alongside him.
But why?

"She died of leukemia. She was diagnosed with it about a year ago.
Didn't want you to know about it. She felt if she did, she would be a burden to you.
Didn't want any pity coming from you. All she wanted was for you to remember her as

that bubbly girl who kept bumping into you."

Leukemia? Oh God. Why must such a thing befall an innocent life?
One by one, all the memories he had with her came flashing past him.
Her smile, her laughter, her bubbly persona.
10 April 2009.
She has returned back to the Creator.
And it was also today, that he had known her for a year.

A tap on his shoulder.
He turned.

"She wanted you to have this before she passed on"

He opened the package presented to him.
In it, was a delicate frame with  their picture in it.

And four words were displayed below it.
" I've Always Loved You"

With that, he sat down and just teared.
He knew everything now. Every single bit.
To her, may your soul be resting in peace.

"I Love You too"


|Older Posts| Newer Posts|




Nur Shazana Bte Saini

Allah
Family, Dearest, Friends
What more can I ask for? ♥





Designer/codes: AddictedLove
Basecodes: Niszke Uzana