|
Suddenly It Dawned On Me
| Friday, March 20 | 0 comments
Reminisce
I thought you were the one The one that will forever be with me Every moment every second of my life Is to be spent with you You opened the doors of my heart To accept people of your kind Whom previously I despised You somewhat had that special attribute Which sets you aside from the rest True enough, you had flaws Flaws that were by right should never be dwelled into But I set that aside Coz I knew that deep inside, there’s goodness in your heart You told me once that you’ve changed And I trusted you for that For I sensed you were genuine bout it and I was glad that you had that in you Remember our first meeting? I didn’t exactly know you Yet I was told to confer with you And it was from there that things blossomed Yes, you were nothing but a friend back then But somehow, as time flies I began to realize how good you were to me How specially treated I was by you I didn’t sense anything amiss Until that one fine night You revealed everything Your feelings, your worries, everything I cried upon knowing everything A sense of being touched by an angel I asked if you were serious And you sincerely said yes I was appalled by the sudden change I now realize that all this special things That have been happening; The teasing, the shyness, you being so coy Have a certain meaning And it was that that made me trust you more Soon after that, your tone changed It was filled with endless love and care You never fail to show your care Through your actions your words I couldn’t be more happier Being with you I looked forward to everything with you I sincerely did your late night texting doesn’t bother me instead it brought much joy to my once steeled heart your care and concern has indeed melted my heart however good things doesn’t always stay suddenly the closeness evolved to huge distancing that I myself couldn’t fathom I asked myself What had I done wrong Was it my lack of spontaneity Or was it my lack of attention towards you As weeks passed, you distant yourself farther Your once lovely tone Had since changed to hostility I couldn’t understand why back then It was until one fine day That I started to realize everything Not from you But from others It was like a bombshell Dropped on me Like no one’s business I couldn’t take it All this while your ‘love’ that I thought revolved around me was nothing but a mere façade how could you? I could safely say That I was being made use by you To forget your true feelings Towards a special someone in your life Isn’t it true? You had no qualms in Sinking me to your otherwise trap Only to be locked in without a reason Your flaws had since evolved larger You yourself couldn’t tell right from wrong You did the unthinkable Only to regret it after you’ve done the deed Your wastrel like actions; Binging on harmful toxicated stuff Spending every dime on worthless stuff I didn’t realize this other side of you So whatever you have said to me Carries no meaning? No weight? Oh,you’ve certainly made me Sink deeper and deeper All this while my sincerity hadn’t moved you at all? Have I been treated like tissue by you Once I’ve served your purpose Thrown and chucked away? You may sense the anger beneath my words But to tell you the truth, I’m not angry at all Just utter disappointment and sheer sympathy towards you Why sympathy? ‘coz not only have you tried to destroy others You ended up destroying yourself Isn’t that something to pity about? Nonetheless, I couldn’t say much How to, when you constantly avoid me? As much as I want it to come straight from your mouth I know it would never happen Coz you’ve since disappeared Without a trace without a sight Now even as I’ve forgotten bout the whole thing I still wish for all of us to be as per normal As friends, as colleagues I know that time will heal everything However sometimes, I couldn’t help but reminisce The good times we had I just couldn’t release myself from that I shed a tear Every once in a while upon remembering Whatever that has happened I just couldn’t help it Right now, even though I may seem nonchalant I still and really do miss you as a friend I know that what I feel now May mean nothing to you But whatever it is, You widen my perspective And just so you know I still regard you as someone Who beneath that major flaws, Still has some relative goodness in you Just that you chose not to be that way. 4:11 PM 20th March 2009 |
![]() Allah Family, Dearest, Friends What more can I ask for? ♥ Designer/codes: AddictedLove Basecodes: Niszke Uzana |